First, you need to register a Discord application for your bridge. Discord applications can be registered and managed in the Discord Developer Portal.
- Click on the
New Applicationbutton in the upper right corner.
- Give it a name (visible when authorizing the bridge), read Discord's Terms and click
- Note the Client ID. It's required for the bridge.
- Navigate to the
Bottab. The navigation can be found on the left.
Add Bot. You may also need to click
Yes, do it!to confirm your action.
- Note the Bot Token. It's required for the bridge.
Authorize your account
- Manage Weebhooks
- Manage Server
Connect Discord server(s)
Bridge a room
- In a web browser, navigate to the Discord room you wish to bridge. The URL includes the server ID (also called guild ID) and the channel ID. The URL format is
- In a Matrix room you want to bridge, invite
@discord:example.ems.host(replace the domain with the one of your homeserver).
- Post the message
!discord bridge GUILD_ID CHANNEL_IDafter replacing the two placeholders.
- A privileged Discord user will need to approve the bridge request by responding with
- Messages from Discord are now bridged to Matrix and vice versa.
To unbridge a room post
!discord unbridge in the Matrix room.
Currently, private chats are not supported by the EMS Discord bridge.